Hiller UH-12C,  G-ASTP/N9750C, on display at The Helicopter Museum.
Scroll down for description and more.

Hiller UH-12C   G-ASTP/N9750C

Hiller UH-12C, G-ASTP/N9750C, c/n 1045, was built in Palo Alto, California, in 1961 and powered by one 200hp Franklin 6V4-200-C33 piston engine. It was initially operated in the United States and was purchased by Bristow Helicopters in early 1964 for use, as an initial trainer, at their Flying Training Schools at Redhill (see below) and Middle Wallop in the UK. It was withdrawn from service in 1976 and acquired by The Helicopter Museum in 1990. Restoration started in 1997 and was completed in 2001.

Back to Bristow's 50th

Photographed in March 1976, Steve Hogarth flew solo for the first time in the Hiller UH-12C, G-ASTP, known as "Gas Tap", at Bristow's Flying Training School in Redhill, Surrey, UK.       Click to enlarge

Read Captain Steve Hogarth's memories of Bristow training, Hillers and G-ASTP

Hiller G-ASTP at Redhill - Click to enlarge