|In October 2005 the inside of the fin and fixed rudder assembly was carefully cleared of corrosion, then primed and painted.||In the rear engine compartment, in October 2005, looking up into the rear pylon, it was seen that there was a little minor corrosion.|
|The a.c. and d.c. generators were installed forward of the intermediate gearbox, the fin and rear rotor pylon, in March 2006.||The enclosed oil cooler is mounted forward of the generators and an auxiliary gearbox, but receives a straight-through drive.|
One of the more enjoyable
aspects of working at The Helicopter Museum, is the occasional opportunity to listen to
visitors who tell us about their memories, or experiences, of the helicopters which are
being restored and exhibited. It almost brings the machinery to life.
Two of the early Bristol
Helicopters test-pilots, Charles "Sox" Hosegood and Peter Wilson, visited The
Museum on 3rd August 2004 to inspect restoration progress and to talk about the
development of the Sycamore and the Belvedere. "Sox" Hosegood was the first to
fly a Belvedere, XG447, in 1957 and displayed it at the Farnborough show in 1958. Peter
Wilson also played a major role in the development of the Sycamore before
moving on to test flying of the Bristol 173 and the Belvedere.
|In December 2006 work was in progress on the top of XG452's rear fin/pylon, to prepare for eventual installation of the rear rotor gearbox and rotor hub.|
|Belvedere History and Restoration Page 1.|